- Collaborative Sustainability in Action: Situated in Al Dhafra Region’s Al Mirfa area, the Al Mirfa Beach Villa Housing Complex unfolds as a beacon of sustainable residential living, encompassing an expansive 2.2km². Representing the engineering consultants, Dorsch, our role as the construction supervision team was pivotal. Collaborating intimately with the contractor, Combined Group Contracting, our mandate was to ensure that the project team adhered to all sustainability measures. Our mission was to bridge the gap between intricate design and its realization, crafting a community that truly embodies contemporary sustainable values.
- Energy Efficiency: This includes the use of high-performance insulation, energy-efficient windows and doors, smart home systems that optimize energy use, solar panels for electricity generation, and energy-efficient appliances and lighting.
- Water Conservation: Implementing rainwater harvesting systems, drought-resistant landscaping (xeriscaping), low-flow plumbing fixtures, and greywater recycling systems to reduce water consumption and make the most of available resources.
- Water Management: Designing infrastructure to treat and reuse wastewater, and implementing stormwater management systems to prevent runoff and contamination of the beach and ocean. Utilizing native plants in landscaping can also reduce freshwater use and provide natural habitats.
- Well-being Prioritized: The community layout, with multiple parks and dedicated beach areas, speaks volumes about its commitment to the residents’ health, well-being, and leisure.
- Holistic Amenities: The community is set to feature four mosques, 13 public parks, six markets, and dedicated beaches, including a women-only beach, aiming to serve diverse needs.